SEO article writers are important in making sure that websites are connected to their target audience. Content is still king when it comes to websites. After all, people turn to the Internet mostly for information.
You need to satisfy a lot of things to make a website SEO-friendly but content will most likely be in the midst of it. Sure it is entertaining but regardless of the format or media type that is searched, there will always be some form of content involved. And when it comes to content, writers are the best professionals for the job.
This is why an online writer is quite valuable in the digital world. You can probably say that a good writer is just as needed as a website developer or programmer.
What is an SEO article writer?
So what exactly do SEO article writers do?
Writing is something that most of us can do. However, not everyone who can write is good at it. And frankly, not everyone who good at writing can do so at will. There are those who have to get inspiration to write something great.
SEO article writing cannot wait for an inspiration. At least, those who want to make a living out of it cannot wait that long. As a freelance writer, you need to be able to write at will. And you need to write well all the time. SEO writing is one of the ways that a website can be visible in search engines like Google or Bing.
When it comes to SEO, you need to be careful about what you write. You need to understand what the keywords mean. You have to conduct enough research and write something relevant to the keywords and it has to make sense. There are rules that you should follow when it comes to the keywords. For instance, you have to write the exact keywords a couple of times in the article without going overboard. It has to be done in an informative, creative, and impressive manner.
Of course, that is easier said than done.
Tips to be an effective SEO article writer
Fortunately, SEO article writers have a couple of techniques that they use to come up with articles that will help make websites be visible in search engines.
- Have the right keywords. There are programs. That you can use to research the top keywords for the niche that you are writing for. Just because the website is all about cooking, you will stick with common keywords like “how to cook” or something. These popular ones might be very saturated already. Although a high volume of traffic type these keywords, if a lot of websites are using it already, then your chances of becoming visible might be lower. List the keywords that are competitive enough without it being too saturated. That means it is not used by a lot of websites.
- Keep the keywords between 1% to 3% of the overall word count. That means if you have a 1000-word article and your keywords are 3 words long, you can only use it for a maximum of 10 times. Make sure that every time you use it, the keyword makes sense in the sentence.
- Write about something that readers would want to know. Not only that, it has to be about something they care about. Knowing a bit about your target viewers should be a good idea – but not really necessary. The knowledge will help you write using the right tone. But then again, as long as you write with a conversational tone, it should be alright.
- Remember that you are writing for people and not algorithms. It is tempting to base your writing on what the latest search engine algorithms in an effort to make sure that the crawlers will take notice of the content on the site. Obviously, this will make the site more visible. However, you still have to make sure the content will not be based on that. The readers and the information they seek will be your priority as SEO article writers.
- Have the right length. The article should be at least 600 words. If you can make it more than 1,000 words, that would be better. Lately, a lot of sites have opted for longer content – between 1,500 to 2,000 words. Since the article is longer, this will help keep the bounce rate lower. At least, if the article is interesting enough to make readers want to finish it, then you should be alright.
- Monitor your existing content. This will help you see what works and what does not. If you see particular articles that are getting more views, try to analyse why it is so. Try to replicate it. In the same manner, try to figure out why some articles are not being viewed as much.
- Use software programs to help make your content SEO worthy. If you use WordPress, you can get a lot of plugins that will help you measure how the article will rank in search engines. Some plugins will even give you tips on how to improve it so you should pay attention to that.
- Edit your written work. Finally, make sure you check the article for any errors. No matter how optimized your article is for search engines, you need to make sure that there are no typo or grammatical errors. This will really turn off your readers if it ends up that your article is hard to read.
So far, these are the simple techniques that professional SEO article writers are using to make sure the websites they write for rank high in search engines.